Free guide to an easy, inexpensive and personalized Valentines Day gift!
Valentines Day is right around the corner and maybe you still have to get that special someone something for the big day. Valentines Day can be tricky because it’s a holiday that occurs right after Christmas and the New Year. It’s a time of the year when everyone is trying to get back on track with their finances.
That’s what sparked the idea on making this DIY card that makes for a great Valentines Day gift. It will cost you little to nothing to make and best of all it is a personalized gift that anyone will love!
- Paper (I’m using red card stock)
- Tombow Fudenosuke Brush Pen (I used the hard tip)
- Tombow Mono Drawing Pen (I used size 05)
- Tombow Twin Tone markers
- You can add more panels to your card if you would like to add more reasons.
- Used patterned paper for a different look.
- You could even cut each panel and attach them together to make a ‘Reasons Why I Love You’ book.
Step 1: Cut Paper
Cut your paper into a long thin strip. I find this makes for easier folding.
Step 2: Fold
Taking the left side of the strip of paper, fold inward to make a ‘flap’. Turn the paper around. Taking the left side of the paper, fold inward. Repeat this process until the entire strip of paper is folded. (You will create a sort of accordion).
Step 3: The Reasons
Using the Tombow Fudenosuke brush pen, write a title for the front side of the card. I titled my card ‘The Reasons Why I Love You’.
On each panel of the card, write Reason #1, Reason #2, Reason #3 etc…
Next using the Tombow Mono drawing pen, write each reason. I also used the pen to make a mini illustration.
Step 4: Final Touches
I added some colour to my drawings with the Tombow Twin Tone markers. Feel free to add other details such as glitter, hearts, ribbon etc..
There it is! An easy, do-it-yourself Valentines Day gift for that special someone. I love making gifts and cards because it means so much more when you create something yourself. If you try this project, I would love to see what you come up with. Tag me in your creations! I am interested to see what ‘reasons’ you come up with up!
Are you making a Valentines Day gift?
- I’m back at work!
- I’ve been obsessed with Paint by Numbers! Who else feels the same way?
- I loved watching Miss Bala. Has anyone else watched it?